An extreme drought has prompted water companies in California to offer rebates to residents looking to cut back on water use.
the city of sacramento is offering up to $3,000 to residents who can cut back on their water use.
The city has declared a “water alert” and is asking customers to reduce their water use by 20%.
To encourage further conservation, the city is offering a range of discounts through River Friendly Landscape Program,
type of discount
- Grass Conversions – Up to $3,000: replace existing grass with drought-tolerant landscaping
- Irrigation Upgrades – Up to $800: Upgrade irrigation systems like drip irrigation and replace standard fixed-spray sprinklers with rotary sprinkler nozzles
- Smart Controllers – Up to $400: EPA Water Perception Label Smart Irrigation Controller
- Rain barrel(s) – $150 per barrel: Install rain barrels to store water for use during dry periods
- Laundry-to-Landscape – Up to $100: Install a “greywater” system that gently removes used water from your washing machine and routes it across the landscape.
Who is eligible?
This discount is only available to City of Sacramento water customers.
- Applicants must be property owners or bill paying tenants with written consent from the property owner
- Waivers and applications are not retroactive
- Some exemptions require a pre-qualification visit and approval from water conservation staff prior to installation.
- All eligible works must be completed within the time limit specified in the exemption terms and conditions
- After installation, water conservancy staff will visit the site and verify as part of the post-inspection
Once you get approval from employees, receipt of the check can take up to 90 days from the day of approval.
The installation must also be finished within a specified time frame.
Other states offering tax exemption
Offering a New City Program in Chicago $1,000. discount up to For eligible participants who have installed security cameras.
to compete CrimeCity officials approved $5.3 million for the Home and Occupation Security Program (HBPP).
For the next two years, HBPP will reimburse to cover the costs of:
- outdoor security cameras
- One year cloud storage for video footage
- outdoor motion sensor lighting
- vehicle gps tracker
- membership cost
He was expected to go out before the end of May.
Roughly 4.3 million who live in Indiana They are getting their own tax exemption, which will continue until mid-summer.
They are worth $125 for eligible singles and $250 for couples.
Paper checks are going to be issued in July or August.
As the rebate helps Americans combat inflation, many are wondering whether there will be a gas rebate in the meantime. historically high prices,
Interest rates are also rising, cardholders Potentially higher debt will be experienced because interest rates are generally correlated with the Fed’s rate.