As utility bills continue to climb, the heat of summer is taking a toll on Americans.
In Pasadena, the city has imposed voluntary water restrictions to combat the drought.
a a heat wave Temperatures are expected to climb into the triple digits this Fourth of July holiday weekend in Los Angeles County.
Residents will find ways to stay calm.
Meanwhile, Pasadena Water & Power (PWP) is offering a discount for its residential electric customers.
The goal is to help customers who are making energy efficient investments with their homes, including appliances.
PWP said that half of your home’s electricity bill can be spent on a working AC to keep your home cool.
they suggest that your HVAC System checked.
Starting Friday, July 1, PWP is modifying its existing discount schedule.
Here are the exemptions offered to residents:
- Smart Thermostat: Get $50 back when you buy and install a Smart Thermostat. You can get an extra $10 back when you buy your thermostat in Pasadena.
- Central AC: Discounts start at $120 a ton for split systems and packaged central air conditioners. Receive an additional $20 per ton when purchased from a Pasadena-based contractor.
- Room AC: Receive $35 off when you buy and install an Energy Star certified room air conditioner in your home. Get an extra $15 back when you buy in Pasadena.
- Ceiling fan: Receive $20 off when you buy and install an Energy Star certified fan(s) with your home. Get an extra $5 back when you buy in Pasadena.
- solar attic fan: Receive $80 off when you buy and install a solar attic fan. Get an extra $20 back when you buy in Pasadena.
- Whole house fan: Receive $75 off when you buy and install a whole house ventilation fan. Get an extra $25 back when you buy in Pasadena.
- AC Tune-up: Schedule a tune-up for your central HVAC system and get $30 off. Get an extra $10 back when you use a qualified Pasadena HVAC contractor.
Overall, PWP said exemptions for central air conditioning and all heat pump measures would increase, while exemptions for some home appliances and services would decrease.
how to apply
- Pasadena residents must log in to their PWP account
- Select “Apply for Exemption”
- Then, upload the required sales receipt or paid invoice, which includes:
- Product and model number
- Purchase and install date
- Proof of SEER Rating
- ton proof installed
- Copy of AHRI Certificate
- Once approved, your waiver check will arrive in six to eight weeks.
the sun tells vampire equipment Your kitchen is sucking electricity.
Plus, check with your utility bill to see if you qualify. Verizon’s Free Internet Service Initiative.