Liverpool are trying to complete a memorable treble when they take on Real Madrid in tonight’s Champions League final.
real fight back Brilliant fashion to beat Man City to reach the final in their semi-finals, having beat Chelsea in the quarter,
liverpool It has been somewhat easy to reach the final, beating Inter Milan, Benfica and Villarreal on the way to the Paris showpiece.
The Reds missed out on a Premier League win and missed out on a quadruple win last weekend Man City beat Aston Villa to make a miraculous comeback in his last game.
Liverpool will seek revenge when they take a real side which A brilliant brace from Gareth Bale helped beat him 3-1 in the 2018 final,
However, Bale only makes the bench for Madrid tonight as he takes a few minutes to expect what will almost certainly be his last appearance for the club if he plays.
The Spaniard’s hero in the win over Man City, Rodrigo, has also been picked for a more cautious alternative to Federico Valverde in the form of Carlo Ancelotti.
When is the Champions League final?
- Liverpool will clash with Real Madrid tonight.
- The match is scheduled for kick-off 8pm UK time – 9pm in Paris.
- After the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Gazprom Arena in Saint Petersburg was the starting location. snatched from hosting the final
- This enabled the Stade de France to step in as the host stadium in Paris.
- This will be the first time the Champions League final has been hosted in Paris. Barcelona defeated Arsenal in 2006.
- If the two teams cannot be separated after 90 minutes then extra time and a penalty will be played.
Which TV channel is the Champions League final on and can I stream it live?
- liverpool vs real madrid It will be streamed live for free on BT Sport 1, BT Sport Ultimate and BT Sport’s YouTube channels.
- Coverage will start with UK time at 6pm – Two hours before kick-off.
- Membership members will have the option to live stream the game via BT Sport website or app.
- You can also live stream the game on the YouTube app.
- talkSPORT will have radio coverage of the match on their website, app and DAB Radio.
Thiago Alcantara went out against Wolves last week with an unspecified injury, but he has been included in the Liverpool squad and is in contention starting tonight.
Virgil van Dijk completely disappeared on the final day of the season, causing anxiety in the camp as a whole, but he will be in the Reds XI this evening.
And Fabinho’s ongoing hamstring troubles left the Reds boss pessimistic for the Champions League final, but he’s also fit.
Real Madrid XI
only 90 minutes
- liverpool – EVs
- To make a picture – 27/10
- real madrid – 13/5
to lift the trophy
- Liverpool to lift the trophy – 8/15
- Real Madrid to lift the trophy – 11/8
*courtesy of odds Betfair correct at the time of publication
champions league winners
Between them, Real Madrid and Liverpool have won the European Cup/Champions League an impressive 19 times.
Of course, Los Blancos are the most successful with 13 – but Liverpool have six.
Tonight’s win in the Reds would draw AC Milan on a level playing field.
- Real Madrid – 13
- AC Milan – 7
- Liverpool – 6
- Bayern Munich – 6
- Barcelona – 5
- Ajax – 4
- Manchester United and Inter Milan – 3
- Benfica, Chelsea, Nottingham Forest and Porto – 2
That line-up is over early!
It is worth noting that Real Madrid were forced to reveal their line-up …. an amazing two hours before kicks off!
He made the same move against Manchester City and there are reasons for it.
Manager Carlo Ancelotti suspects a mole in the camp.
Isco is no longer invited to team meetings but the midfielder says he is not the source of the leak.
He said: “Isco is not [the mole]Since I have not been called and I have not attended the team talks.
“Send the hate elsewhere! Downhearted.”
real madrid line-up
Confident Real Madrid have announced their line-up.
As expected Karim Benzema leads the line, and as expected Vinicius Jr. will be supported in the attack.
Veterans Toni Kroos and Luka Modric will marshal in midfield.
While David Alaba, who was dropped against Man City, has been reinstated in the Los Blancos line-up.
Paris pitch worries
Jurgen Klopp was stunned after discovering a new pitch at the Stade de France.
Liverpool bosses were unhappy after the surface was discovered on Thursday after a concert was held last Saturday.
Klopp said: “Usually when they say the pitch is new, it is good news. The pitch is new since yesterday which is not good news for both teams.
“I don’t know how it will be. Maybe it’s right but it doesn’t look right.”
fan in place
Liverpool fans are having the time of their lives after landing in Paris ahead of tonight’s Champions League final.
Jurgen Klopp’s side will take on Real Madrid at the Stade de France with the aim of winning their SEVENTH European Cup.
The Reds have been awarded 20,000 tickets for tonight’s match, although thousands more are believed to be soaking up the atmosphere in Paris.
Thrilled Liverpool fans surrounded the Eiffel Tower with their Madrid counterparts this afternoon.
The relationship between the two sets of fans appeared friendly, with some posing for pictures together.
The bars were also filled with happy punters, especially around the Gare du Nord area served by Eurostar.